3.1 If a booking is made eight weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a deposit of one-third of the rent plus booking fee is payable.
3.2 If a booking is made less than eight weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, plus any additional charges, must be paid at the time of booking.
3.3 A non-refundable booking fee of £24 is payable per booking. If two or more properties are booked these constitute seperate bookings and are subject to seperate booking fees.
3.4 Should Classic Cottages not accept or reject a booking request, the rent and any additional charges paid by the Guest will be refunded immediately.
4. Final payment
4.1 Unless otherwise agreed by Classic Cottages in writing, the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property as set out in the Classic Cottages Brochure ('the Brochure') at the time of the booking.
4.2 Subject to condition 6, as soon as the booking is received and accepted by Classic Cottages, the Guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rent, along with any additional charges.
4.3 Payment of the rent and additional charges are payable to Classic Cottages eight weeks before the start of the Holiday ('the Due Date') and non-payment by the Due Date may be treated as a cancellation.
4.4 If payment is not received by the Due Date, then the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeit.
4.5 Classic Cottages shall not be responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date. The Due Date will be set out on the Booking Confirmation.
5. Changing a booking
5.1 Once a booking has been accepted by Classic Cottages, the booking can only be changed to another property by treating the original booking as a cancellation (see condition 6).
5.2 The dates of the Holiday may be changed,except within two weeks of the start date, providing the property is available for the new dates and the Owners accept the change. In this case, a £20 plus Value Added Tax ('VAT') re-booking fee is payable to Classic Cottages.
6.1 A booking can only be cancelled prior to the start of the Holiday.
6.2 A Guest who wishes to cancel the Holiday must notify Classic Cottages in writing ('Cancellation Notice').
6.3 In the event that a cancellation is made, then a cancellation charge is payable depending on the number of days before the Holiday start date the Cancellation Notice is received by Classic Cottages. The amount payable is set out below:
|Number of days before Holiday start date that notification is received
||Cancellation Charge (as a percentage of the rental cost of the Holiday):
|0 - 13 days
|14 - 27 days
|28 - 55 days
|56 days or more
7. Optional Extras
Where the property being rented has optional extras, they are listed and will be charged at the rates shown.
A discount of 5% may be available to a Guest who wishes to re-book a property for a week or more which they have rented during the previous eighteen months. Only one discount may be applied to each booking.
9. Price changes
9.1 Classic Cottages reserves the right to amend prices quoted on the Web site due to errors or omissions but such changes shall be notified to the Guest as soon as possible and the Guest shall be able to cancel the booking if the amended price is significantly higher than the original price quoted.
9.2 Subject to condition 22, any changes in the rate of VAT will be borne by the Guest.
10. Method of payment
Payments may be made by cheque, credit card, debit card, electronic bank transfer, postal order or cash. Cheques or postal orders should be made payable to 'Classic Cottages Limited' and can only be accepted up to two weeks prior to the holiday. Cash should always be sent by special delivery post. Post-dated cheques are not acceptable. Any charges raised against Classic Cottages by their bank for handling dishonoured cheques, bank transfers or any other payments will be passed on to the Guest who is liable to reimburse Classic Cottages within seven days of receipt of notification from Classic Cottages.
11. Overseas bookings
Overseas guests may pay in Sterling by cheque drawn on a UK bank, Mastercard, Visa card, or by international electronic transfer. Any charges for payments from overseas will be passed on to the Guest.
Bookings will not be accepted from:
1. groups of three or more single people under the age of 18;
2. all male or all female parties of more than four people.
13. The holiday
The Guest has the right to occupy the property for a holiday only (within the meaning of Schedule 1, Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988).
14. Guest obligations
The Guest agrees:
1. to pay for all additional utilities and fuel incurred during the Holiday and not included in the rent;
2. to pay for any losses or damages to the property and contents caused by the Guest or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded). If it is proven that damage is directly attributable to the Guest then Classic Cottages, on behalf of the Owner, has the right to reclaim any costs incurred up to the sum of £150 from the card the Guest used to pay for the Holiday. All damage or breakdowns must be reported immediately so issues can be put right before the arrival of the next guests.
3. to take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday. A cleaning service is not provided during the Holiday unless otherwise specified. Should the Owner be dissatisfied with the condition of the property upon the Guest's departure, they may refuse to take a booking from that Guest again. If a Guest is excluded from two or more properties by different Owners, then Classic Cottages have the right to refuse any more bookings from that Guest, at any other property;
4. to permit the Owners and Classic Cottages reasonable access to the property;
5. not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the Booking Form;
6. not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without Classic Cottages' agreement;
7. not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description - a cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less at the start of the holiday;
8. not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises;
9. not to smoke at a non-smoking property.
15. Non-availability of property
If for any reason beyond the Owners' control the property is not available on the date booked (owing, for example, to fire damage) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded.
16.1 Classic Cottages will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental unless Classic Cottages is responsible. In addition, the Owners and Classic Cottages accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest's possessions on the Owners' property or land.
16.2 Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Classic Cottages or the Owners:
- 1. for death or personal injury caused by Classic Cottages' or the Owners' negligence;
- 2. for any matter which it would be illegal for Classic Cottages or the Owners to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
17. Property descriptions
Some of the information on this Web site relates to matters beyond the properties such as shops and public houses. Closure of such premises and other changes to external facilities are outside Classic Cottages' control. If Classic Cottages is aware of any material changes to the Web site at the time of the Guest's booking, then it shall endeavour to inform the Guest of these changes. Please note that WiFi provision is subject to availability and network conditions.
18.1 All complaints must be notified to Classic Cottages as soon as reasonably practicable, as Classic Cottages may be required to carry out an on-the-spot investigation and if necessary, request the Owner to take remedial action. Guests have a legal obligation to mitigate their loss.
18.2 If Classic Cottages or the Owners are denied the opportunity of investigating the complaint within a reasonable time or denied the opportunity to put matters right during the Holiday, then the guest will waive all rights.
19.1 Pets are only permitted with the prior consent of Classic Cottages and the Owners and where pets are permitted, they are to be kept under control and exercised off the premises.
19.2 Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture and neither Classic Cottages nor the Owners can accept responsibility for their safety. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet. A charge will be made for each pet.
19.3 Where the description of a property states 'Regret no pets' or otherwise restricts the keeping of pets at the property, Classic Cottages or the Owners cannot guarantee that there have been no pets previously kept at the property.
Where an inventory is provided, any discrepancies are to be reported to the Owner or the Housekeeper within 24 hours of arrival, otherwise the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
21. Bed linen and towels
Linen and towels are changed between Holidays and a fresh set is provided weekly during Holidays.
Many of the Owners of properties on the Classic Cottages Web site are not registered for VAT, in which case no tax is payable. Where VAT is payable the tax is included in the weekly rent.
23. Breach of contract
23.1 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners or Classic Cottages reserve the right to re-enter the property and end the Holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave.
23.2 If there is a breach of any of these conditions by Classic Cottages or the Owners, then the Guests have the right to end the Holiday and leave.
23.3 Ending the Holiday by either Classic Cottages, the Owner or the Guest does not affect that party's other rights and remedies.
24. Governing law and jurisdiction
Any dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English or Scottish Courts.
25. Authority to sign
The person who completes the Booking Form certifies that:
1. he or she is authorised to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons included on the Booking Form, including those substituted or added at a later date;
2. the signatory is over eighteen years of age;
3. they agree to take responsibility for the party occupying the property, and to notify Classic Cottages if they are not a member of that party.
In case of a discrepancy between these Booking Conditions and any other contents of a Classic Cottages Web site, these Conditions shall prevail, but this shall not limit Classic Cottages' liability for failure to supply the accommodation as described on the Web site.
27. Previous Web sites
This Web site and these Booking Conditions replace and supersede all previous Web sites and Booking Conditions.
28. Validity clause
In the event that a court finds that a condition in these Booking Conditions is illegal or void, the illegal or void provision will be severed from the remainder of the Booking Conditions, which will continue to be valid and have full force and effect.