Mr Vos September 2023
Overall I can mention that we had a great stay and can recommend Penhallow for a holiday destination. However parking is not catered for and during a very busy period might need to park quite a distance from the cottage which could be a problem for older people.
Reply from Classic Cottages
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Penhallow and we hope the weather was clement enough to allow you to take advantage of all that the area has to offer. As Crantock is a small village and a popular beach area with its gorgeous golden sands, parking can be at a premium in high season. We do offer alternative sites for guests to park in our information pack as well as the information provided on our webpage for the property. Donna, Customer Support
Mr Werner-PARKER July 2023
- Cottage was pretty poorly cleaned - food inside cupboards and draws, cobwebs, tops of kitchen cabinets black with grease.
- Dangerous electrics - power socket underside of toilet cistern, and power socket next to sink with no splashback.
- left window in master bedroom wouldn't close fully - so had to leave open.
- nail sticking out on beam above stairs (with heart on string dangling), smashed head into it once.
- kitchen smelt fusty - under sink had a lot of mould/damp.
- Price point demanded higher quality accommodation.
- Parking provision was disappointing - guided you to park at village hall, but sign saying "permit holders only" - paid for additional parking, but wasn't provisioned for.
- When arrived dirty laundry was on shelf in living room, left outside to be collected - but not a good first experience.
Reply from Classic Cottages
We're so sorry that your experience wasn't all that you'd hoped for and are pleased to have been able to reach a resolution. We hope you enjoyed exploring the wonderful Jurassic Coast Julie, Customer Support
Mrs Haworth August 2022
A fantastic place to stay, really comfortable and perfect location in Crantock.
Mr Bharmal May 2022
Really quaint cottage. Comfortable but low ceilings for a tall person so knocked my head a few times! Lovely village. Beautiful beaches within walking distance.
Mrs Lucas April 2022
Beautiful cottage in a great location, which made our stay in Crantock very enjoyable. The cottage was equipped with everything we needed, and there are some lovely walks straight from the front door, as well as Crantock beach itself. We hope to return soon!
Mrs Osborne September 2021
Absolutely charming cottage, well cleaned and equipped Washing machine and tumble drier, ironing board and iron, hairdryer, table and chairs in sunny back yard lots of picnic plates etc body boards, deck chairs …. Manager next door should you need her (we didn’t) 2 minutes to the pub, 1 minute to village shop, 1 minute to cafe and take away, 6 minutes to the beach, 4 minutes to the coastal path 30 minutes walking to hotel and restaurant with millionaire views 40 minutes walking to the prettiest beach in Cornwall! The cottage might be a problem for very tall people low ceilings downstairs and some low doorways, it is centre village and on the beach road so there is traffic noise during the day and if the windows are open you will hear pub noise at the back of the cottage but silent at night Crantock beach is fabulous for beach bums and surfers and the estuary is perfect for paddle boarding, we are walkers and we loved the coastal paths Great holiday, thank you!
Mr Fisher September 2021
Penhallow is in an excellent location in Crantock village. The furnishings are very comfortable. Very clean. Having a place to park the car was essential as there is little parking available in the village.
Good or bad, we publish all the reviews left by the guests who have stayed in this cottage, with the few exceptions stated in our Review Guidelines.