Cycling is one of the best, and most sustainable, ways to explore an area, with e-bikes offering an even more accessible way to enjoy the great outdoors.
We want to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests, including those who bring their e-bikes on holiday. To promote safe charging practices and minimise potential fire risks, please see the following e-bike charging policy:
1. Use approved chargers: Only use chargers that are specifically designed and recommended for your e-bike model. Using incompatible chargers can increase the risk of overcharging and overheating, potentially leading to fire hazards.
2. Charge in designated areas: Please charge your e-bike in designated charging areas. These areas are chosen to ensure proper ventilation and reduce the risk of fire. Do not charge your e-bike in bedrooms or enclosed spaces.
3. Do not leave charging bikes unattended: Avoid leaving your e-bike unattended while charging and avoid charging your e-bike overnight. We strongly recommend that you remain present during the charging process so that you can promptly respond to any potential issues or concerns that may arise.
4. Keep flammable materials away: Ensure that your e-bike is positioned at a safe distance from any flammable materials such as fabrics, papers, or liquids. Keeping a clear space around the charging area minimises the risk of ignition if heat or flames are generated.
5. Regular inspection: Before beginning the charging process, inspect the charger, cable, and e-bike battery for any signs of damage, wear, or corrosion. If you notice any issues, please do not charge your e-bike.
6. Follow manufacturer's guidelines: Adhere to the specific charging instructions provided by the e-bike manufacturer. These guidelines may include recommended charging times, temperature ranges, and any additional precautions to ensure safe and effective charging.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding e-bike charging during your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.